Sunday 8 September 2013

Canada

At certain moments in life it's really worth trying to oversee one's experiences and be thankful that all of them, the good, sad, exciting, scary, boring, difficult, and really easy things, have happened to you, because otherwise you would not be where you are now and you would be an entirely different person.

Six days ago, I moved to Canada. Discovered I wasn't happy where I was, so made a plan, quit my job, booked a ticket. You could say that was a brave thing to do, that I'm doing something a lot of people think about but never do. You could say I was cowardly running from some things in my life, and that I'm stupid for throwing my savings at something like this. You could say it was inevitable for me to move abroad again at some point.

There's probably some truth in all of that. I try not to think about it too much and just go with it. I do know that there have been several moments in the last days; watching the sun sink into the pacific ocean, venturing out to make new friends, being overwhelmed by the sheer power of a glistening mountain view or a quiet night city skyline, playing pool with some awesome strangers in a gaybar in the middle of the night; that I know I'm in the right place.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well done dus! Goed te lezen, lijkt erop of je je draai al aan het vinden bent!
Liefs,
Margriet