Thursday 2 October 2008

ISoc takes over Edinburgh

Last Saturday the International Society organised a trip to Edinburgh. The city is beautiful! I did one of the walking tours in my Lonely Planet with two of my German friends just to get an impression of the old city centre. We also got a small tour of the Divinity faculty of Edinburgh University which is situated in a very impressive old building :). Unfortunately we didn't have that much time, so I have to come back to see more! I'll post some pictures here to give you an idea.

In front of Edinburgh castle

Knights seats at St. Giles Cathedral. The angel in the upper right hand corner is playing the bagpipes!
Inside St. Giles Cathedral

Everywhere you look....Kilts and flags.
Wichery tours and Christmas shops :D
Adam Smith and St. Giles Cathedral
The Royal Mile

International students flood the streets of Edinburgh :)

Cones on statues....it's tradition here. Seriously. Divinity Faculty with statue of John Knox.

I just realised I didn't take that many 'people'-pictures....hm. Next time.


Tomorrow very early in the morning I'm flying home for my birthday! I'll be back here on Monday night.

No comments: